Monday, January 26, 2009

Rescuing ink pads.

Hi to all you clever crafters. I have been puzzling over if I could rescue all of my ink pads as I had a lot given to me by a fellow crafter some time ago when she switched to machine embroidery instead of paper crafting. Right now I have far too many to even contemplate replacing but due to my mishap they have all dried out. Then a bright idea hit me...Why not ask you guys if you had any tips on how to revive them without having to buy reinkers. Even if I only rescue the basic colours I would be chuffed. So if you have any ideas please feel free to share them.
I also thought I would add a list to my blog of things I need to replace and or buy in the future and if you had any of them in your workshop/workrooms you could maybe leave a review so I would know if I am wating time and money trying to get them.

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

There is a product from Rangers called Perfect Ink Refreshers which is used on dye ink pads. Might be worth a try. If it's water damage then it might not work.

Unknown said...

I was going to say the same thing, lol. I've use it on all my dye ink pads.... think I got it via ebay???
Oh ebay what would I do with out it :o)

Sam Woodruff said...

Since most dye inks are water based...try a little spritz of water, lightly. Let it sink in then turn up side down. Most ink pads need to be stored upside down...unless they are the SU new style stamp pads...worth a try.